In this economic downturn, people are having a hard time caring for their families, maintaining their home, and keeping their family happy. People are learning to get back to basics. Feeding one’s pets is a basic need. For some though, this basic need is not able to be met. We don’t want these people to worry about how to afford food for their pets and the possibility that they may have to give up their furry family member during difficult times.
- Established additional Daffy’s Pet Soup Kitchens across Georgia to help those we were not reaching before.
- Distributed over 1,000,000 lbs of pet food/supplies in Georgia.
- Assisted over 1500 clients.
- Supplied over 4,000,000 meals to pets.
- Assisted in over 2500 spays/neuters in Georgia.
- Had volunteers give back to Georgia at close to 5000 hours per month.
- Created better living situations for countless pets and their families.
- Handed out approximately 500,000 lbs of pet food/supplies in Georgia alone.
- Assisted over 750 clients in need from (3) locations in Georgia.
- Assisted Animal Controls and Rescue Groups in need with over 100,000 lbs of pet food and supplies.
- Served people and their pets in over 60 counties in Georgia.
- Assisted in starting over 50 pet soup kitchens across the country.
- Through media exposure, let the country see the need for pet food banks.
- Got stories in every local paper and news media in Georgia, stories in (3) national magazines, articles in papers across the country, listed on national pet websites, awards for outstanding public service, and listings on state agencies websites.
- Sponsored by National Pet Food Corporations.
- Recognized and Listed by National Pet Organizations.
- Created Daffy’s Pet Soup Kitchen, named after our dog Daffy.
- Opened first warehouse in September of this year.
- Handed out over 50,000 lbs of pet food and supplies.
- Assisted over 350 clients needing help with feeding their pets.
- Fed over 21,000 meals to Georgia’s hungry dogs and cats.
- Assisted in getting over 50 pets spayed/neutered.
1997 – 2007
- Started SOS Club in 1997.
- SOS Club was the first pet food bank in the COUNTRY to help individuals with pet food.
- Handed out pet food and supplies from the back of a pick-up truck.
- Handed out over 50,000 lbs of pet food over these 10 years.
- All pet food was purchased by me or by friends and family.
Our programs are limited by our budget. As most of you know, our funding goes a long way. We run all these programs on individual donations and local support. We do not receive any government funding.